St. Joseph's College of Commerce, formerly was a part of St. Joseph's College which was established in the year 1882 as an educational initiative by the French Foreign Mission Fathers for the purpose of imparting higher education. In 1937, the management of the college was handed over to the Jesuits, a worldwide Catholic religious order with a special focus on education. The Jesuits also run other premier institutions in India, like Loyola College, Chennai, St. Xavier's College, Calcutta and St. Xavier's College Mumbai. The Department of Commerce was established in the parent college in 1949. In 1972, this department became an independent college under the name of St. Joseph's College of Commerce. It is recognized under Section 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act. It became an autonomous institution in October 2004. St. Joseph's College of Commerce was recognized as a "College with Potential for Excellence" in February 2010 by UGC.
36, Langford Road, Langford Gardens, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560027