Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, formerly Bangalore Medical College, is a medical college run by the Government of Karnataka. It is located on K.R. Road, near City Market. It is the only government medical college in Bangalore and one of 10 in Karnataka. It was established in 1955 by Dr. Shivram and Dr. Mekhri in what was then the fort police station ground. It was built by civil engineer and architect, Mr. V. Ramamoorthy, who built it in a record time of 6 months. The college was initially run by the Mysore Medical Education Society and was later handed over to the Government of Karnataka in 1956 and was affiliated to Bangalore University. After the formation of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences BMC was affiliated to the new university in 1997.
Fort, K.R. Road, Bangalore - 560 002, Karnataka, India