Law Entrance Exams
COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT)
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India common entrance examination, conducted by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their Under Graduate and Post Graduate degree programmes. The test was administered by the 19 law schools in rotation until 2019. From 2019 onwards the responsibility of conducting the test is by a permanent body headquartered at NLSIU (National Law School of India University) Bangalore.
Major points of CLAT:
- The nineteen National Law Universities offer five-year integrated Under-Graduate Law Programmes leading to the award of a degree in Law
- The test is to be taken after 12 th grade for admission to integrated undergraduate programmes, and after graduation for Master of Law programmes.
- It is a two-hour long offline test having one year validity
- The test include objective type covering questions on Elementary Mathematics or Numerical Ability, English with Comprehension, General knowledge & Current affairs, Legal Aptitude & Legal Awareness and Logical reasoning.
- CLAT is offered once a year.
- Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIOs/OCIs seeking admission in either of the UG/PG programmes shall appear in CLAT-2019.
- The foreign nationals who want to get admission in any participating law universities may directly contact the concerned university which has seats for foreign nationals.
- National law universities, private law colleges and public sector undertakings make use of the CLAT score.
- The applications are to be submitted online from the website: clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralized online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- For admission to Undergraduate Courses - 45% marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam are require for candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and 40% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- For admission to Post Graduate courses - LLB Degree or equivalent from a recognized university with minimum 55% in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and 50% of marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- There is no age restriction to appear for the test for UG & PG courses